What Art? - Part One

Part One
1.) To me, the mood these images represent are sadness, confusion, fake happiness, and rage.  The first model is looking straight ahead with a neutral/straight face, which indicates to me that she's trying to zone out some things around her.  The second model is looking at the camera with a neutral face, but her mouth is hanging open, indicating to me that she's pretending to be something she's not, and I can almost see the pain in her eyes.  Their posture is straight up, showing how they may be trying to think about something else.

2.) I believe these images were made with a painted backdrop, and real people painted with different paints.

3.) The colors in these images are mainly dull, except for the blue and reds.  These colors could indicate sadness and rage within the individual.

4.) I think the artist was trying to convey that sometimes, feelings are kept behind the head of the individual, and sometimes they never make it out.  The artist was trying to evoke thought and consideration in the viewers.  I believe these efforts were successful. 

Comments

Popular Posts